In Singapore, Toastmasters International is represented by District 80. District 80 counts more than 200 active clubs and more than 5’000 club members. Rest assured there is a club close enough to your home, your office or your daily commute path!
Who Can Benefit from Toastmasters?
The Toastmasters Education Program is suitable for everyone keen to learn and grow:
- As a young professional, your involvement in Toastmasters provides leads to achievement and accomplishment, results in professional confidence and , offers social and professional networks.
- As a mid-career professional, your involvement in Toastmasters provides networking and skill-building opportunities, offers an opportunity to reach your ultimate potential and reignite your passion.
- For anyone interested in personal building skills, your involvement in Toastmasters provides increased personal growth opportunities, broadens your communication and leadership skill sets and results in increased confidence, all-in-all leading to self-improvement.
Toastmasters members learn to tell their stories. They listen and answer. They plan and lead. They give feedback — and accept it. Through our community of learners, they find their path to leadership.
|Toastmasters provides||Leading to improvements in|
|Communication Skills Development||Direct and indirect communication skills|
|Leadership Skills Development||Problem-solving skills|
Effective time management
|Impromptu Speaking Opportunities||Ability to think on your feet|
Poise and confidence in high-pressure situations
|Self-Paced Program||Flexibility to adapt to personal schedules|
Maintaining a balanced life
(current commitments, routine, etc.)
|Constructive Evaluations||Ability to give and receive constructive criticism|
Success when working with teams
|Speech Development||Sense of structure when communicating in formal and informal settings|
Break barriers, not your budget
Members pay club dues that range roughly from $150 SGD to $400 SGD yearly depending on each club policy. The fees breakdown is as follows:
- New member fee: $20 USD to enable access to Pathways Base Camp online learning platform
- International dues of $45 USD every six months
- Local costs that will cover for venue rental, supplies, food and beverage
|Build self-confidence and self-awareness|
|Improve your communication and listening skills|
|Build leadership and critical thinking skills|
|Work on networking in a small and supportive environment|
|Gain a competitive advantage in the workplace|
|Practice writing speeches and presenting in a group setting|
|Maximize your potential|
|Enjoy unlimited personal growth|
Are You Ready to Join?
After you find a club that you like, joining is easy. When you join, you will be assigned a mentor, who will be there to answer any questions you have and help guide you on your journey to personal and professional growth.
Joining is as easy as 1-2-3!
So, you’ve decided you want to practice public speaking, improve your communication and build leadership skills?
Each club features a unique culture, so there’s no pressure to join the first club you visit! Attending club meetings as a guest is essentially free (some clubs may require though a contribution to food and beverage), so visit as many as you like until you find a club that fits your personality.
Follow these three easy steps and you’re on your way to realizing unlimited personal and professional growth!
|Step 1: find and visit one of our clubs.|
|Step 2: fill out the club’s membership application.|
|Step 3: Pay your $45 USD international dues, |
$20 USD new member fee,
and local club membership fees.
How does a Toastmasters meeting work?
Everything in Toastmasters revolves around the club. With a network of 16,600 clubs across 143 countries, you are sure to find one near you! Most clubs in Singapore have around 20 members and meet once one or twice a month for 2 to 3 hours. For a preview of what the club experience is like, watch this video.
What is Pathways?
The Pathways learning experience is Toastmasters’ education program. This multi-language online learning tool allows you to leverage over 300 practical workplace skills, including:
|Online meeting management|