Please note: as of September 2019, Base Camp navigation is still best experienced via laptop or desktop computer. Only limited features are available via smartphones and tablets.
Why do I need to disable my pop-blockers on Base Camp and how do I do so?
|It is common configuration for learning management systems and other websites to open additional content in new windows. Often, these new windows are recognized as pop-ups by your web browser. |
Because projects, tutorials, and resources on Base Camp all open in new windows, your pop-up blockers must be turned off so your browser does not prevent you from accessing them.For instructions on how to disable your pop-up blockers, find your browser name in the list below and click on the corresponding link:
Mozilla Manage preferences and add-ons
Windows Internet Explorer 11 change security privacy settings
Block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge
Apple Safari Support
A comprehensive Pathways FAQ is available from toastmasters.org website.
What is Base Camp?
Base Camp is your online gateway to Pathways, where you will find everything you need on your journey. Here you can work on projects, track your progress, connect with members of your club and view badges and certificates you’ll earn along the way. Base Camp also features resources to help guide you, including tutorials, videos, quizzes, interactive activities and more.
Watch and learn
Watch this short video, which will take you through how to login to Base Camp.
After you have ordered your Path, you may access Base Camp using the following steps:
- Log into https://www.toastmasters.org/
- Select Pathways from the menu bar
- Select “Go To Base Camp” page
- Using the middle blue tile titled “Access my Path Through Base Camp”, select “Go To Base Camp” burgundy button
- This will take you to the Base Camp home page.
Base Camp Home Page
The above visual of Base Camp Main menu page features the following options:
- Use the search toolbar to locate resources, project descriptions and members of your home club.
For best results, type a single keyword.
- Select the Navigating Base Camp tile to learn about Base Camp
Select to access tutorials organized by topic.
- Select the Education Transcript tile to access your path.
Your transcript is where you find your path, The Navigator and resources you have selected.
If you haven’t yet chosen your path, take the Pathways Assessment
- Select the View and Request Feedback tile to access your Feedback page.
You can request feedback from or send feedback to your club members from there
- Select the View Your Badges tile to view the badges you earned for completing projects and badges awarded to you by club members.
- Access tutorials and evaluation resources in one place from the Speech Evaluations tile. You may also do so from the top menu option “Tutorial and Resources“.
Select to view tutorials and download fillable PDFs of any evaluation resource. For both speakers and evaluators, use this resource to find what you need.
Navigating Base Camp
From the Base Camp home page, select the Navigating Base Camp tile to learn about:
- Base Camp and access tutorials organized by topic (e.g. Explore My Profile, Work In My Projects, Complete My Assignments, etc.)
- Frequently Asked Questions