Flexible self-paced learning
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience is a self-paced, flexible and interactive way to develop your skills and help others in your club develop theirs. Pathways helps you learn communication and leadership skills that you need to succeed in your career, in your volunteering activities or in your personal life.
Each path is made up of 5 levels and of a minimum of 14 projects. It requires an average of 12 to 18 months to complete. Some individuals may require a shorter or longer time frame to complete their path.
The right completion pace is the one you are comfortable with depending on your personal circumstances. Most of us will prioritize our families and work over Toastmasters education program and this is just fine. So long as you make some time for personal development, you are on your way to become a better you.
Read-on to discover the transferable skills and five core competencies the Toastmasters Pathways Learning Experience will equip you with.
Five core competencies
It is important to note that each member using Base Camp will have the opportunity to select from many elective projects to extend their learning. With the addition of electives, members have the flexibility to cover all core competencies within each path.
- Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Strategic Leadership
The Toastmasters Pathways learning experience will reward you with:
- Real-world, transferable skills in many different areas — communication, leadership, coaching, team collaboration, strategic planning, service to others, public speaking and more.
- Access to online content via Pathways Base Camp so that you can learn anytime, anywhere.
- More than 10 learning paths to choose from, with content available in: Arabic, English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese and more to come.
A la carte educational paths
Get started with the path most relevant to your needs. As you journey along, discover the value of the Toastmasters Education Program. As you grow the speaker and the leader in you, you may become eager to learn more so to grow more.
Should you wish so, combine more than one path to provide with a unique rewarding learning experience tailored to your needs. To that effect, you may complete 2 or more paths. And you may do so sequentially or concurrently.
|Leadership growth focus||Interpersonal focus||Strategy focus|
+ Leadership development
+ Dynamic Leadership
+ Effective Coaching
+ Persuasive Influence
+ Team Collaboration
+ Visionary Communication
More than 10 Paths to Choose From
Add Pathways to your journey of personal and professional development.
- Pathways is designed to help you build the competencies you need to communicate and lead.
- Visit our Paths page to learn about the path or paths most relevant to your present and future needs.
Get to know Base Camp
Base Camp is your online gateway to Pathways, where you will find everything you need on your journey. Here you can work on projects, track your progress, connect with members of your club and view badges and certificates you’ll earn along the way. Base Camp also features resources to help guide you, including tutorials, videos, quizzes, interactive activities and more.