Gavel clubs are a way of providing the Toastmasters experience to groups who may be ineligible for regular membership due to age, or other circumstances. Following similar Toastmasters club meeting protocols, Gavel clubs use club officer titles and education manuals. However, gavel club members are referred to as “gaveliers”. Gavel clubs also provide Toastmasters members and clubs with an excellent opportunity for community service.
- Within Singapore, there is currently one operational Gavel Club at Chong Pang Community Club. For more information, please email chongpangtmc <at> gmail.com.
To form a Gavel club, a group must meet one of the following requirements:
- Must not be eligible to charter as a regular Toastmasters club
- Must include members who are under 18
To start a Gavel club, all groups must adhere to the following:
- Must have the approval or endorsement of its host institution
- Must use the program, procedures, materials and services of Toastmasters International
- Must apply to Toastmasters International for a Certificate of Affiliation
For more information about Gavel clubs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Gavel clubs have limited access to the leadership track awards and materials, cannot participate in Toastmasters area and district speech contests, and do not enjoy many privileges and benefits that come with full membership in Toastmasters.