Did you know? A Leader is a Reader! Read on to discover resources that will assist with either the day-to-day running of your club or with planning for the term ahead
Toastmasters Club Constitution For Member Clubs of Toastmasters International: standard documents governing operations of Toastmasters clubs, with information on membership, dues, elections, etc.
Club Officer Kit
The Club Officer Kit is available in multiple languages:
As a key reference as to facilitate the onboarding of new club officers, Toastmasters International’s club officer kit is your foundation for club success. It is made up of:
- Club Leadership Handbook: an easy-to-use guide to effective club leadership with chapters detailing club governance, leadership roles, etc.
- The tools and resources in this handbook guide you in creating strategies for success and in fulfilling your duties as a leader.
- Publications available on the Toastmasters International website are one such tool; to help identify them, they are called out in this handbook.
- You can also find answers to your leadership questions, whether you are an experienced leader or a novice.
- Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan: a manual which explains the distinguished club program, provides guidelines for club success, and the “how-to” in becoming a distinguished club.
- The Speech Contest Rulebook, in effect from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020, features speech contest rules for the International, Evaluation, Humorous, Table Topics, Tall Tales, and Video Speech Contests. Club Leadership Handbook: an easy-to-use guide with chapters detailing club governance, leadership roles, etc.
Member Welcome Kit
Give a welcome kit to new members as soon as they join your club. This will create a positive first impression of your club, as recommended in Toastmasters International’s Moments of Truth best practices handbook.
Add your own twist to this kit if so you wish, for example by adding the latest issue of the Toastmaster magazine. The standard kit includes:
- Welcome to Toastmasters Brochure
- A Toastmaster Wears Many Hats
- New Member Profile Sheet
- How I Would Like to be Introduced
Consider combining this kit with items and materials that would familiarize new members with your club routine and help them feel welcome:
- Presentation Folder (Item 342)
- Membership Certificate (Item 513)
- Promotional Welcome Ribbon (Item 393W)
- Welcome letter from the club president
- Club newsletter
- Club meeting outline
- Meeting assignment schedule
- Copy of the Club Constitution for Clubs of Toastmasters International
- Copy of your club’s Addendum of Standard Club Options
- Copy of your club’s policies