As a District, our mission is to build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
Our activities support Toastmasters International envisioned future to be the first-choice provider of dynamic, high-value, experiential communication and leadership skills development.
Values drive culture. Values drive action. Our Toastmasters core values enable club excellence and member achievement. We share these with our parent organisation, Toasmasters International.
- Integrity: for every member, integrity means living up to the Toastmasters promise and maintaining honest and ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
- Respect: respect means understanding that each member has a unique set of skills and abilities and is developing at their own pace
- Service: service means focusing on the planning and delivery of an environment and program conducive to member achievement
- Excellence: excellence means performing to the best of our ability every time for the benefit of the club and all the members.
Who we Are?
District 80 counts more than 200 active clubs and more than 5’000 club members. Those clubs are conveniently located close to homes, offices or daily commute paths.
District 80 is one of more than 110 districts in Toastmasters International® worldwide and is comprised of Singapore. We are part of Region 13, one of the fastest growing regions in Toastmasters. Region 13 includes:
- District 41 – Northern & Eastern India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, & Nepal.
- District 51 – North & Central Peninsular Malaysia
- District 80 – Singapore
- District 82 – Tamil Nadu, India; Sri Lanka
- District 92 – Karnataka & Kerala, India
- District 97 – Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, & Myanmar
- District 98 – Central & some Southern States of India
- District 102 – Selangor, Southern Region, & parts of the East Coast of Malaysia
Genesis and evolution
- District 80 was formed in July 2004 consisting of Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore and Thailand from District 51.
- In July 2010, District 80 consisted of Singapore and Thailand following the launch of District 89, comprising of Hong Kong and Macau.
- In July 2014, Thailand formed a new District 97P with the neighboring countries.
- District 80 now consists of clubs in Singapore only.
Toastmasters International Mission
We empower individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders.
We build new clubs and support all clubs in achieving excellence.
We provide a supportive and positive learning experience in which members are empowered to develop communication and leadership skills, resulting in greater self-confidence and personal growth.